Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lost in a web

I have been spending the past week trying to answer the age old question "what do I want to do when I grow up". It sounds so cliche but I don't think I ever answered this question as a child. I have a college degree but it was more of something on a checklist than a dream I wanted to fulfill. I always knew I wanted to get married and have children but I think that was the only definite in my life.

Now that I have a wonderful husband and 2 awesome kids I feel like I have no goals. Now what??? What is next??? I never really saw myself as a stay at home mom which may be why I feel somewhat lost.

I have been scouring articles and blogs this week. I even found myself trying to answer some questions I saw in an Oprah article in my e-mail box. I usually just delete those pesky things. Here is the link if you are curious. It really got me thinking. . .

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/How-to-Get-Motivated-to-Change-Your-Lifestyle-LLuminari-Guide

I think my first goal will be to simplify my life and purge all the useless stuff from my to do list and my home. There are some days I feel like all I do is move stuff around. Fridge to stove, stove to table, table to sink. Floor to toybox. Washer to dryer, dryer to drawers. Kid to preschool. Hopefully a purge will give me some more time to dedicate to myself. I think the kids may even survive the purge.

As I finish typing this I am sitting here wondering if this is going to lead me down the path of the middle age man. Hopefully not, but if you see me in a corvette convertible just wave.

1 comment:

  1. As long as you don't purge the kids or hubby, you're okay. :-) I get in this mood where I want to sell or donate everything that is not nailed down.

    Cheryl, I think your a great writer and I like reading what you are up to. I would like to award you the Versatile Blogger Award. Please read the details at http://messforless.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-first-award.html

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete